Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hope you had a happy Easter

I know we did. Ian had an appointment with his pulmonologist (lung doctor) on Good Friday, and he gave us the green light to turn Ian loose in the wild (ie. to attend large family gatherings). So what did we do? We packed up the car and headed to Dan's hometown.

Dan's family is big and there were tons of people that got to meet Ian for the first time. It was very exciting.
It was also exciting because Sunday was Dan's birthday. I won't tell you how old he is, but I will say that his age no longer begins with a 2. I'm sure he won't admit it, but I think the best birthday gift he received was to be able walk around his hometown with his little boy in tow.

Everyone got together at Dan's grandmother's house after church and they had a birthday cake for all of the March birthdays (Ian's birthday is in March as well). Everyone sang happy birthday, and Ian smashed his hand into the cake. It was great.

Here are a couple of pictures. **Note: I took a lot more pictures but there are other people in them, and I don't like to post pictures on the web of others when they haven't given me their permission.

MyFavEasterPic
I love, love, love this picture. Sometimes the candid shots come out better than the planned ones.

HotTub
Dan and Ian playing in the hot tub at Ian's paw-paw's house.
We forgot our swimsuits, but next time we are all diving in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is it possible that you made that baby by yourself?...i mean i love dan and no offense to him and his wonderful role as a father so far, but the freakin kid looks like you just morphed yourself into a little boy body...i mean he even looks like he has your legs...maybe he'll have dan's character...looks like he and daddy had fun!!...luv,ler