Friday, May 2, 2008

Are you kidding me?

I guess the previous person that lived in our house had kids, because when we moved in there were a few baby-proofing mechanisms in place. One thing that was missing though was electrical outlet covers. Well, now that Ian is crawling, pulling up, and toying with the idea of cruising, he decided that electrical outlets looked like they would be great fun. Not to worry though, I immediately rushed out to the store and bought some outlet covers. Problem solved, right? Let's continue with the story, shall we?

Once the covers were in place, we put Ian back on the floor and let him have at it. He immediately crawled over to his favorite electrical outlet and noticed that something looked different. He looked at it for a few seconds, and then decided to ignore it.
Whoo hoo!! Success. Dan and I congratulated ourselves on being great parents and went on with our evening.

Fast forward to today. Dan, Ian and I were all hanging out in the living room. I needed to go into the kitchen and Dan was on the opposite side of the living room than Ian. No need to worry though, because the living room is a safe zone. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ian eyeing his favorite electrical outlet. I chuckle to myself and say "You go ahead and try to get to that outlet little man. You may have forgotten, but we've taken care of that."

You see where this is going don't you? I continued doing my business in the kitchen, and all of a sudden I hear Dan say "Argh, No! How did you do that?". I go into the living room and what do I see? A bright eyed, curious Ian with an electrical outlet cover in his hand.

Uh, yeah. I think this kid is already smarter than me.

1 comment:

Joyce B. said...

Funny - to me, probably not to you though. I say sign him up for a EE degree from, well, A&M of course. :D