Sunday, April 27, 2008

Had a great weekend

This weekend was great one. This was the weekend of the annual NICU reunion at the hospital where Ian was born. Kids that spent time in the NICU all come back to visit for food and fun. We had such a great time.
We got to see the nurses and doctors that took care of our kiddos and we also got to catch up with the parents of other kiddos that we bonded with over the months.
It was so amazing to see kids that were 5 years old, 10 year old, and even older. There was even a person that was had a stay in the NICU in 1979 that came back for a visit. All the NICU graduates are miracles in my book.

Below is a picture that I call "Moms and Micros". All of the babies below were micro-preemies, (born before or right at 26 weeks gestation) all born right around the same time, and all went home within a few weeks of one another. I have cried, ranted, and laughed with these lovely ladies, and it was so great to be able to hang out together with our healthy, happy, boys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay maybe it cuz i'm pregnant but i promise everytime i read this crap i cry....this sucks....i am genuinely happy for you and dan and ian...nothing short of a miracle...luv,ler

Kellie said...

Mel,

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at our boys. I'm glad I could be that "peek into the future" for you. I certainly know the feeling and still need reassurance that things will get better down the road when our boys are older. Fellow preemie mama bloggers can often provide that extra support when we need it most. I am also a NICU nurse in addition to be a preemie mom x2 and Ian looks like he is doing great. Happy belated 1st birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and I'm lovin' it...I'm reading through the archives now. Glad I found you...I'm the Mom to a 24 weeker, myself.