Friday, January 18, 2008

Ian 9.5 - The wireless edition

As a lot of you know, my son was born prematurely at 24 weeks gestation and as a result had an extended stay in the hospital. 3 months to be exact. When we finally brought him home, he was on a host of medications (5 I believe), an iron supplement, had an apnea monitor, and needed continuous oxygen. Just holding him could be tricky because you had to make sure you didn't get tangled up in all of his cables. Slowly but surely, we have been whittling away at all of these medications and machinery. The apnea monitor....GONE, Meds....all except for one are GONE, Iron supplement...See ya later...but that pesky oxygen just kept sticking around. Well, I have great news. As of 9:18am, that oxygen is outta here baby!! I introduce to you for the first time at 9.5 months old, wireless Ian!!!!!

3 comments:

Joyce B. said...

SWEET!!!!! Can I come over now? :D

Anonymous said...

that is the best news i've heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!los quiero mucho

Anonymous said...

that is great sweetheart. I am glad to hear it. That was a funny story about you passing out. Take care and I hope to talk to you soon.