Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miracles Happen

If you haven't read my last post, please take a minute to do so and then take a moment to pray for baby Ryleigh.
----

Although I initially created this post as inspiration for the Cox family, it is really for anyone.  In what sometimes seems like a crazy world, my wish is that this post gives us faith and hope that miracles really do happen.

When Ian was born at 24 weeks gestation, he weighed in at a whopping 1lb 2oz and was 12.5 inches long
He had a grade 2 brain bleed a few days after birth, had to be resuscitated 3 times, had major surgery at 1 month old, was on a ventilator for 6 weeks, and stayed in the NICU for 3 and a half months.

That was then...


(click photo to enlarge)

This is now...

(click photo to enlarge)

Ian is now a healthy, happy, and active 2 (almost 3) year old.  He is strong-willed, curious, and affectionate.  He has the most contagious laugh you have ever heard, a smile that will warm your heart, and although I know I'm biased, I think he is pretty darn cute.

Yep, I'm a believer in miracles

3 comments:

Amber said...

I am so thankful for Ian. Thank you for this post.

Cox Family said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and sharing your story with me. I needed to see this today. Blessings, The Cox Fam

Mel said...

Cox Family,
You are very welcome. You guys are frequently in my thoughts and prayers, and I just hope that telling the story of what God has done in our family, will give you the faith to know that He can do it for yours.

Much love,
-Mel