Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I don't know them, but I know how they feel

I'm asking whoever happens to stumble across this blog to take this moment -not 20 minutes from now, not later today, not tomorrow- but this very moment to say a prayer for the Cox Family

Recently their newest addition, Ryleigh, was born at 24 weeks gestation and is currently in the NICU.  As the title of the post states, I don't know this family personally.  I only know their story because they are a friend of a friend.  But while I may not know them, my goodness do I know how they feel. 

And while it would be really easy for me to reminisce and relive all of the emotions, the heartache, the pain, the joy, and ultimately the victory of my own 24 weeker's NICU stay, I really don't want this post to be about me or my family.  All I want to do is cover this family in prayer, ask that this time be used to strengthen them, not shake them, and pray that God grants them the faith to know that their baby girl will be completely healthy, completely happy, and completely beautiful.  Please join in prayer with me.

No comments: