Monday, February 11, 2008

I think I'm beginning to heal

I have a confession...
3 months ago I absolutely dreaded the sight of an obviously pregnant woman. I didn't want to hear of anyone becoming pregnant, I didn't want to hear about someone having an 8lb bouncing baby girl or boy, and I especially didn't want to hear some lady that was 7 months pregnant complain about how she "wished she could just hurry up and have this baby already".
I was bitter about my own pregnancy experience and I was jealous (or envious, I always get those confused) of their seemingly normal and uneventful pregnancy. Intellectually I knew I shouldn't feel that way, but I couldn't seem to convey that message to my emotions.
But you know what? I think I'm beginning to heal. Here recently, I've heard from two friends that they are expecting, and I've seen many a pregnant woman, and those negative feelings haven't reared their ugly head.
When I heard the pregnancy announcement from my friends I was happy for them. I mean genuinely happy, without a single thought to my pregnancy difficulties.
Now I won't lie. I still experience sadness and will shed the occasional tear about the past, but I'm so happy that I'm at a place where I can rejoice and share in the excitement of others.
I guess the old adage is true. Time really does heal all wounds.

No comments: