Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I know I did. It was just the hubby, the little one and myself, but we had a good time. We watched the little one open his presents and he seemed to really enjoy it. Of course he seemed to enjoy the wrapping paper even more. At one point he was even rolling on the floor in it (why didn't I get a picture of that!). Of course his grandparents spoiled him rotten and bought him all kinds of noisemaking toys, and I think this kid is going to be the best dressed child ever with all of the clothes he received. Hubby and I bought him a walker and a high chair. He LOVED the walker and since he got to eat sweet potatoes in his high chair I guess he liked it too. All in all the munchkin had a good Christmas and as a result passed out around 8 from all the excitement.
As far as food, we ate the traditional dressing and turkey on Christmas Eve, but I decided to branch out and make gumbo for Christmas day. It turned out to be pretty darn good if I do say so myself, but oh my goodness it takes a long time to make the roux. About 40 minutes of constant stirring to be exact, but it was well worth it. For dessert we had peach cobbler of course.
Below are a few few pictures from today. Enjoy!!






Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments: